Adhesion and weather resistance of the reflector materials under test:
1. Good adhesion and weather resistance:
2. Moderate adhesion and weather resistance:
3M Diamond Grade
Nikkalite CRG 92000
3. Poor adhesion and weather resistance:
Avery Dennison Omnicube
To investigate the adhesiveness of the reflective sheetings used in marine applications by attaching the reflectors to navigation buoys under different weather conditions. To investigate how varying weather conditions affect the permanence of the adhesion of the reflective sheeting. Based on the results, the reflective sheetings under test are put in order of rank.
1) Low substrate surface temperature, ≤-10℃
2) High substrate surface temperature, ≥+50℃
3) Substrate surface temperature ~+10℃
4) Substrate surface temperature ~+10℃, wet substrate surface
B) Storage for 24 h in conditions 1), 2) and 3) listed in A.
C) Inspections after B.
D) Cyclic weathering for 21 days
Ambient temperature, T(Amb) = -10℃ – +60℃
High humidity, 95 – 100 %RH, during the high temperature cycle
E) Inspections after D.